Porcelain veneers are a great way to improve the appearance of your smile. Porcelain veneers are ultra thin, translucent shells of fine dental porcelain that are permanently bonded to the front of teeth. As a common cosmetic dental procedure, porcelain veneers can be included with your overall treatment plan without difficulty.
Porcelain veneers can correct a number of functional and aesthetic concerns including:
- Gaps or spaces between teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or uneven teeth
Advances in material and technology make today’s porcelain veneers look and feel more like natural teeth. The dental porcelain that is used to create these cosmetic restorations is very fine and reflects the light just as natural tooth enamel.
Jacksonville cosmetic dentist, Dr. Alexander takes a very conservative approach to preparing the teeth for porcelain veneers, leaving as much of the natural tooth as possible. With our CEREC technology, we are able to produce many of our porcelain veneers in our Jacksonville office, while the patient waits. This advanced technology saves the patient from the uncomfortable temporaries and multiple visits that are normally needed to complete the procedure.
Maintaining an oral health routine that includes professional cleanings is important to the long term success of your porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to stains from food and drink so you can be sure your smile will remain youthful and bright.
3 Treatments To Fix A Broken Tooth
If you have broken teeth, it is important you find a solution as soon as possible to avoid further damage to your smile. When broken or damaged teeth are not addressed, it may lead to tooth decay, tooth loss, and infection. Dr. Alexander offers a selection of restorative, cosmetic, and general dentistry services used to repair damaged or broken teeth. Dr. Alexander will carefully examine your teeth to determine which solution will give you the most natural looking, effective results. If you would like to learn more about your options, contact our Jacksonville FL dentist office.
Treatments For Broken Teeth
During your visit, Dr. Alexander will examine your teeth to determine which treatment is right for you. He will also address any underlying dental problems to ensure your teeth are functional and healthy.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding can be used to address dental concerns like gapped teeth, chipped or broken teeth, and discolored teeth. Dental bonding can usually be completed in just one short visit. Dr. Alexander will apply a tooth-colored resin on to the affect teeth. Next, he will shape and mold the tooth-colored resin to the desired shape. The tooth-colored resin is hardened into place using a special light. Once the tooth-colored resin is set into place, Dr. Alexander will polish the tooth and make any last minute adjustments.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin, ceramic porcelain covers that are placed on the front and sides of your teeth. Porcelain veneers address the same concerns that dental bonding addresses. However, porcelain veneers are more a more durable, effective solution. If porcelain veneers are right for you, Dr. Alexander will walk you through the process during your appointment.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are essential “caps” that cover the damaged part of the teeth. Dental crowns can be used to address chipped or cracked teeth, cavities, misshapen teeth, and discolored teeth. Receiving dental crowns may take anywhere from 2-3 weeks.
Schedule a Consultation
Contact our dental office to find out if porcelain veneers in Jacksonville are right for you and to schedule your consultation with Dr. Alexander.