While there are a variety of options for people who have missing teeth, none proven as effective or durable as dental implants. Jacksonville dentist, Dr. Alexander offers dental implants to patients as a permanent and natural looking solution for tooth loss. Whether you need a single dental implant for one missing tooth or implants for multiple missing teeth, Dr. Alexander can help you.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is used to replace a missing tooth. One implant can be placed to restore a single missing tooth, or multiple implants can be used to secure a fixed bridge or denture.
The dental implant consists of three parts:
- a bio-compatible titanium post that will act as the tooth’s root
- an abutment
- a restoration which is either a dental crown, bridge or denture.
Are Implants Right For You?
Most patients will qualify for dental implants. You should be healthy and have sufficient bone structure to support the implant. If you have suffered bone lost, Dr. Alexander may recommend bone grafting to ensure the success of your dental implant.
Some benefits of dental implants include:
- Integrates with the living bone to replace the tooth at it’s root
- Improved bone and gum health (compared to alternative restorations)
- Avoids involvement of adjacent healthy teeth (as in conventional bridgework)
- Improves appearance of smile and lower face
- Patients can enjoy a healthy diet without restrictions
- No worry of dentures slipping when you eat, speak or smile
Learn More About Dental Implants
- The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental Implant FAQs
- Dental Implant Procedure
- Dental Implant vs Dentures
- Cost of Dental Implants
- Types of Dental Implants
- Dental Implants for Multiple Missing Teeth
- Dental Implants for a Single Missing Tooth
Complimentary Dental Implant Consultation
At Alexander Dentistry, we offer free consultations for dental implants. This is a great opportunity to visit our Jacksonville dental office, meet Dr. Alexander and find out if dental implants are right for you. We will review the entire process, have all your questions about dental implants answered, and review the cost for your implant procedure. Our staff can discuss dental insurance benefits and help you with any financing that may be needed. Call 904.372.8157 or request a consultation online.